Career Opportunities at Crown Data Systems
Full Stack Developer - .NET 4 – 5 & Angular
This position will be part of a SCRUM team working on a suite of applications that encompass the Crown software ecosystem. Most of our code is in C# or Angular (TypeScript). We utilize Azure heavily for both dev, test, and production infrastructure and Azure DevOps for our development. You will help the team understand, plan, execute, test, and deploy user stories from our product backlog. We operate with 2 weeks sprints and regularly need to collaborate via Slack and video chats to be able to complete an effort.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to code and to join the rest of the team in learning while on the job.
- Follow established processes and standards to update or create applications
- Translate user stories into functional application features.
- Collaborate with team members within development and in other departments to create and deliver value to our customers.
- Help maintain and improve code quality and organization.
- Offer assistance to support and engineering staff to troubleshoot production issues.
- Team player who’s able to work in a collaborative development group.
- Passion for writing software and expanding skill set to include new technologies.
- Must be able to both give and accept professional criticism with regards to code quality.
- Dedication towards continual improvement.
- Demonstrates ability to learn new technologies.
- Proficient in C# with an understanding of .NET framework.
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns.
- Experience implementing automated unit tests is a plus.
- Experience with Angular is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
State-of-the-art, innovative, and creative software company with offices in Buffalo, NY and Atlanta, GA seeks candidates who must have recent programming experience in .NET. The candidate should be comfortable in a Microsoft technical environment. We're looking for US citizens in the Eastern or Central time zones. Candidates must have recent programming experience in .NET (C#, VB) and should be comfortable in a Microsoft technical environment.
The main responsibility of this position is to oversee the successful completion of Crown's EDI and API messaging integration projects with our external partner companies. This includes being responsible for and supporting all technical phases of the projects: working with stakeholders, defining requirements, planning, software development, testing, and deployments. You will be a participating member of an existing Agile team. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to read and navigate code solutions, communicate effectively, develop software solutions and to expand their knowledge and skill set while on the job.
- As part of our team, you will groom, plan, execute, deliver and demo Agile user stories
- Create and execute DevOps stories from the team backlog mostly surrounding the creation, modifying, and maintenance of our existing EDI messaging system and transformation to Crown’s new API system
- Coordinate and communicate with multiple internal and external parties to define strict and narrowly scoped project requirements
- Follow a defined Agile process using Microsoft’s Azure DevOps per department policy
- Team player who’s able to work as a member of a remote development team
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- General programming and testing
- Passion for technology
- Desire to improve skills and learn new languages/technologies
Job Type: Full-time